Off Season Training
Off Season Training (OST) – OST is a six‐week training classes focuses on one of the three triathlon sports each week. In addition you will experience unique circuit exercises to enhance overall strength, core & endurance. At the end of each 6 week session, you will put your new & improved abilities to work in our very own TWT Mini‐Tri. Completing a reverse triathlon (Run-Bike-Swim) at set time intervals, your times will be recorded and archived so you can track your progress throughout the off season. Sign up for one or all of the sessions.
In Season Team Training
Together We Tri offers three In-Season (April-August) training teams. Each team is geared for a specific skill level to meet your individual goals. Teams train every Tuesday evening and Saturday morning during the season. Training plans are provided for all athletes with a suggested workout schedule to support multi-sport training progression. Athlete Training Guides are also available to educate and support individual athletes as they expand and grow their triathlon knowledge and training. Each team is lead by a certified coach and team mentor who is a fellow athlete available to support various skill levels throughout each group. This unique training model allows each group to tailor training to a range of skills within the group.
Blaze –A team of athletes blazing the trail to new PR's. Twenty weeks of training increase endurance, improve intensity and prepare athletes for bigger races, longer distances and pursuit of the podium.
- Compete at Sprint, Olympic, Half Iron and Iron levels
- Parallel training for ½ marathon full, ultra marathon and Adventure Sports
- More intense training to match each athlete's performance goals.
April – August
Glow Women's–Team training just for women looking to better their fitness level over twelve weeks through multi-sport. Perfectly timed to start in spring women will glow and reach their peak by mid-summer.
- Open to those with experience in any one or all of the three disciplines
- Training is scaled within the group providing intensity levels right for each athlete
- Training is typically local or close to Glenview
- Culminates with an optional team race at the Glenview Park Center Triathlon and/or Iron Girl, Pleasant Prairie, WI
April – July
Ignite CoEd–Harnessing the power of group training, co-ed athletes ignite their passion to exceed their current fitness level during the twelve weeks of summer.
- Participants have a comfort level in one or more of the three, triathlon sports
- Training is typically local or close to Glenview
- The season commonly culminates with a team race, often the Chicago or North Shore Triathlon
June – August
Tri Swim Clinic - Master Clinics are intended for skilled and advanced level swimmers seeking improvement in their technique, speed, endurance and efficiency. Clinic consists of drill review, video assessment, video feedback session, speed drills and master level efficiency drills.
The following are also included:
- Complimentary laminated card deck with suggested workouts
- Swim video review
Outdoor - Open Water Swim (OWS) - TWT is the only triathlon company in Chicago land and surrounding suburbs with exclusive rights to train on a private lake. With a one-mile perimeter, a center depth of 35 feet and beach entry, TWT is able to offer key OWS skills like no other Tri training group.
- Mass starts
- Sighting drills
- Short and long distance swims
- And more!
Open to TWT Teams athletes, TWT Members and the public.
*No additional fees for TWT Team athletes, all others must purchase a TWT Swim Punch Card prior to arrival, beach access fees may apply.
Personalized Training - Consider this option to achieve your athletic goals. Personalized training is available in addition to team training, or as a stand-alone program. Sign up for a personalized training program for a personal coach and customized training plans that can prepare you for any level of triathlon or mono-sport.
- Individual support
- Easy to access email communication
- Plans built through easy to access website – Training Peaks
- Access to 'drop in' team, off season and in season swim clinics – punch card required
- Train your way, on your time.
Available year round.
Bi-Annual Indoor Triathlons
Indoor Tri - TWT offers 2 indoor triathlons per year, presented by not-for-profit division Together We Tri Cares. These races provide a comfortable, competitive and fun environment for ages 9 & up. Choose your start time and compete in the only local indoor triathlon with an indoor track!
SINGLE CHALLENGE - One wave
DOUBLE CHALLENGE - Two waves limited to 4 slots, first come first serve, wave starts 6:30, 7am only,
TRIPLE CHALLENGE - Three waves limited to 4 slots, first come first serve, wave starts 6:30, 7am only,
10 minute swim – 20 minute bike – 15 minute run
- 12 slots per wave
- 10 waves starting every ½ hour beginning at 6:30am-11:00am.
- Junior Division at 10:30am & 11:00am (optional, juniors may race at other times, adults may also join these wave times).
- Race Expo with local vendors, give‐a-ways and samples
- Top age group finishers and top 3 male/female overall finishers
- Quick dry TWT dry fit shirt, 1 per registrant
- One complimentary raffle ticket, additional tickets available for purchase proceeds benefit chosen recipient of TWT Cares, not-for-profit arm of TWT.
- Results posted by 7pm night of race, winners notified by e-mail